LM741 Op-amp IC
- LM741 has only one op-amp inside, there are some op-amp IC’s having more than one op-amp like LM358, LM148, LM248, LM348
- Provided with short circuit and overload protection.
- Low power consumption.
- Large common mode rejection ratio (CMRR) and differential voltage ranges.
- No external frequency compensation is required.
- Prevent from latch-up when common-mode range is exceeded.
- Minimum, normal and maximum Power Consumption for this IC is ±10v, ±15v and ±22v respectively.
- Operating temperature should be -50 to 125 ˚C.
- Supply current – 1.7 to 2.8mA.
- Soldering pin temperature – PDIP package – 260 ˚C (for 10 seconds – prescribed)
- TO-99 and CDIP – 300 ˚C (for 10 seconds – prescribed)
- Available packages: TO-99, CDIP & PDIP
An LM741 operational amplifier is a DC-coupled high gain electronic voltage amplifier. It has only one op-amp inside. An operational amplifier IC is used as a comparator which compares the two signal, the inverting and non-inverting signal. The main function of this IC is to do mathematical operation in various circuits. Op-amps have large gain and usually used as Voltage Amplifier. The LM741 can operate with a single or dual power supply voltage
|Pin Number||Pin Name||Description|
|1 , 5||OFFSET NULL||Pin used for remove the offset voltage and balance input voltage.|
|2||INPUT-||Inverting signal Input|
|3||INPUT+||Non-Inverting signal Input|
|4||V-||Ground or Negative Supply Voltage|
|6||OUTPUT||Output of op amp|
|7||V+||Positive Supply Voltage|
- DC Amplifiers
- Integrator or Differentiators
- Summing Amplifiers
- Active Filters
- General feedback applications